Oh there is fun in the air in Kamloops during the month of October! There is something for everyone from the young to the young at heart, the adrenaline junkie to the boutique browser and everything in between.
First off, the colours of fall surrounding the city and outlying areas are spectacular at this time of year! From the changing leaves on the trees lining our numerous city parks (Riverside Park, Pioneer Park, Peterson Creek and Prince Charles Park are only steps from Hotel 540’s front doors) to the golden sagebrush-lined hillsides and crimson plant life encircling the edges of many translucent local ponds, it is a photographer’s paradise.
There is a slight crispness in the air, however, sunshine resonates bringing along some warmth for all of our outdoor adventurers. The tackiness has returned to our countless cross-country, downhill mountain bike, hiking trails, ATV and dirt bike trails and early fall fishing could be considered some of the most exciting as the bite is ON while fish begin to prepare themselves for the winter ahead.
Our boutique shops and food/beverage establishments are ready to wow you with fall favourites. From boots and sweaters to seasonal pumpkin spiced lates and Oktoberfest beers, our local retailers know just how to capture the warmth and beauty of fall.
Kamloops is a mecca for fall events including:
- Prohibition Themed Cask Night (Saturday October 1, 7pm at The Rex Theatre) – Hosted by Western Canada Theatre, this night is filled with all sorts of entertainment and one-off casks of beer and cider. Dress up and enjoy great food, great bands and great beer!
- The Witness At Tranquille Farm Tunnel Tour (Weekly until October 21, 2017 on Friday, Saturday and Sunday at Tranquille Farms) Come out for a spooky evening tunnel tour and learn the true story of Betsey Cooney.
- Tranquille Farms Historical Tours (Weekly until October 14, 2017 at Tranquille Farms) Jump aboard a heritage tour of the farm and underground tunnel system.
- Kamloops Fall Home Show (Saturday October 14 & Sunday October 15 at the Sandman Centre)
- Oktoberfest (Saturday October 14, 5:30pm at The Coast Kamloops Hotel & Convention Centre) – this annual fundraiser for the Sun Peaks Alpine Club and KidSport Kamloops is one not to miss. Dress-up in Dirndls and Lederhosen, enjoy dinner, auctions, beer, dancing and amazing ambiance!
- Power of Being a Girl Conference (Wednesday October 18, 2017 at the YMCA)
- Kamloops Ghost Train 2017 (Friday October 20, Saturday October 21, Friday October 27, Saturday October 28 at Kamloops Heritage Railway) – On a spooky Halloween night in 1915, steam locomotive 2141 left Kamloops for Blue River. As the train approached Wolfenden, a mysterious green mist arose and the locomotive, its passengers and crew vanished. The haunted train has since returned to Kamloops…are you brave enough to step aboard for an evening ride to see who you may encounter? Child-friendly rides will also be available.
- Padova’s Halloween Carnival (October 26 to 28, 2017 at Tranquille Farm) Are you afraid of the dark? Find out as you self-tour throughout Tranquille’s legendary spooky tunnels and buildings
- BC Wildlife Park Boo at the Zoo (October 27 to 29, 2017 at the BC Wildlife Park) Boo at the Zoo features family-friendly Halloween-themed fun for all ages. 100’s of light features, Uncle Chris the Clown, mini-train rides and more.
- Kamloops Blazers Games – Be sure to take-in a game at The Sandman Centre Arena to cheer-on our local WHL team, the Kamloops Blazers!
Please note, tickets are required to attend a majority of the events listed above. Please contact our hotel front desk for further details and information on how to acquire tickets and admittance.