November in Kamloops, is a month packed full of fabulous entertainment! From stand in your seat cheering hockey games to concerts that will go down in the memory books!
Grab your Blazers jersey or at least wear some orange and navy to help cheer on our local team while attending a fast-paced whl league game. This team of athletes is sure to impress and the local spirit you feel while attending a game is one of community, comradery and fun!
As mentioned, November is a month of concerts in Kamloops. From intimate seated concerts at the Sagebrush Theatre to sold-out arena concerts at the Sandman Centre Arena, concertgoers can choose their pleasure and know that each venue is within walking distance (or a quick cab ride) of Hotel 540.
Looking for a scrumptious social event to attend in November? Executive Chef Mitch and his team from Blue Restaurant + Lounge within Hotel 540 will once again be competing within the Rotary Clubs of Kamloops Chefs in the City fundraising event. The event is a celebration of the culinary arts, fine wine and beer from the region. Guests will enjoy beverages, hors-d’oeuvres and desserts as they mingle with professional chefs, restaurant owners, vintners, brewers and friends. There will be 20 local restaurants and caterers participating, along with 10 local wineries and breweries. Come out and help cheer on our team!
Looking to tap into your holiday spirit a little early? Our downtown shops are already starting to stock unique Christmas items, stocking stuffer ideas, decorations and more. To really put you in the spirit, why not purchase a ticket to United Way’s Homes for the Holiday’s event where a handful of stunning local Kamloops homes have been chosen and paired up with a local designer and local retailers to be decorated from the inside out. Ticket holders take themselves on self-guided tours of the homes to marvel at the unique décor ideas and view the seasons newest retail must-haves.
The end of November is not complete in Kamloops without a visit from the big guy and a simple reminder of being kind to others. Every year, Santa and his crew come to town to wave and say hi to all as they take part in their annual Santa Claus Parade. Continuing on with the happy, jolly feeling Santa and his crew bring to town, the feeling of community and kindness will be brought to centre stage through members of Western Canada Theatre as they put on a rendition of “A Christmas Carol” at the Sagebrush Theatre.
Wherever your November adventures take you, be sure to make Hotel 540 your home base while in Kamloops.
November Events not to miss:
• Blazers Games (Saturday November 4, Friday November 10, Wednesday November 15, Friday November 17, Saturday November 18, Saturday November 24, Sunday November 25, Wednesday November 29 at the Sandman Centre Arena)
• Chefs in the City (Monday November 6 at the TRU Activity Centre).
• Barenaked Ladies (Saturday November 11 at the Sagebrush Theatre).
• Headstones concert (Monday November 13 at Cactus Jack’s Nightclub)
• The Great Russian Nutcracker (Monday November 13 at the Sagebrush Theatre)
• Dallas Smith Concert (Thursday November 16 at the Sandman Centre)
• Sun Peaks Resort Winter Lifts Opening Weekend (Saturday November 18)
• Homes for the Holidays ( Saturday November 25 & Sunday November 26 throughout the city). Tickets through any Royal Bank location.
• Santa Claus Parade (Saturday November 25 along Victoria Street)
• A Christmas Carol – by Western Canada Theatre (Thursday November 30 at the Sagebrush Theatre)
*All of the events listed below require tickets to attend. Avoid disappointment of the event you are interested in selling-out by purchasing your tickets today.