Whether or not March rolls-out like a lion or a lamb, there are a plethora of activities to take part in while you are in Kamloops.
Ready to escape the elements and just have some indoor fun?
Hotel 540 is proud to be a sponsor and event location for The Kamloops Film Festival that will be taking place March 1 through to 10, 2018. Enjoy screenings at the Paramount Theatre (across the street from Hotel 540) of films written and produced in Canada and from around the globe. Binge-watch films in a variety of genres from romance and comedies, to drama and thrillers.
Make a day of it by stopping by blue Dining + Lounge between screenings to fuel-up on fresh, locally-inspired cuisine and finishing your day discussing your favourite films pool-side from our heated-rooftop pool oasis.
Hotel 540 is also excited to be the host location for the 2018 Kamloops Food Bank Empty Bowls fundraising auction event that takes place on March 2. Attendees will have the opportunity to bid on celebrity signed artisan bowls in exciting silent and live auctions while enjoying a variety of gourmet soups and bread. This is a ticketed event.
Artists, Musicians and more
Let your creative-side talk a walk this March while in Kamloops. Visit local gallery displays, attend an array of musical concerts or be swept away by a local theatrical performance. March is also the final month of the WHL Hockey regular season. Attend a WHL game at the Sandman Centre Arena and help us cheer on our local team, the Kamloops Blazers!
Do not forget to take advantage of Hotel 540’s Event Rate – present your event ticket (for events taking place at either The Sandman Centre or Sagebrush Theatre) for the same night as your overnight stay and receive up to 15% off the best available room rate!*
Take me outside!
From ski races, to snowshoe and trail running series, March typically begins to bring about warmer temperatures within the area allowing outdoor enthusiasts a little reprieve. Though the snow may be beginning to melt around town, the surrounding areas have plenty to offer everyone – from those seeking tranquillity to those seeking adventure.
Be sure to make Hotel 540 your home base for all of your March adventures while visiting Kamloops!
• Kamloops Film Festival (March 1 to 10 at the Paramount Theatre – across the street from Hotel540)
• Frankenstein –Theatre Production (March 1, 2 & 3 at the Pavillion Theatre)
• Glory – A Western Canada Theatre Production (March 1, 2 & 3 at Sagebrush Theatre)
• Garnet Dirksen: Social Studies (March 1 to 24 at the Kamloops Art Gallery)
• Re Present: Photography from South Asia (March 1 to 31 at the Kamloops Art Gallery)
• Empty Bowls Auction – Kamloops Food Bank Fundraiser (March 2 at Hotel 540)
• Bahamas – Concert (March 2 at CJ’s Nightclub)
• TRU Campus Singing Competition & The Chinese Spring Festival Gala (March 2 at Campus Commons, Thompson Rivers University)
• Dwight Yoakam – Concert (March 3 at the Sandman Centre)
• North Face Dirty Feet Snowshoe Race (March 3 at Sun Peaks Resort)
• Spirit Warriors Breast Cancer Survivor Dragon Boat Team Gala (March 3 at Columbo Lodge)
• Sun Peaks Velocity Challenge (March 3 at Sun Peaks Resort)
• Kids Festival (March 4 at Paramount Theatre – across the street from Hotel 540)
• Johnny Reid – Concert (March 5 at the Sandman Centre)
• Sun Peaks Bluebird Banked Slalom (March 9 at Sun Peaks Resort ‘Hully Gully’)
• 2018 Art Exposed Regional Exhibition (March 9 to 17 at the Kamloops Art Council)
• Kamloops Symphony – Apotheosis of the Dance (March 10 at the Sagebrush Theatre)
• TRU Traditional Powwow (March 10 & 11 at Thompson Rivers University)
• Kamloops Cowboy Festival (March 15 to 18 at the Coast Kamloops Hotel & Convention Centre)
• Antiques and Collectibles Sale (March 16 & 17 in the North Shore Business District)
• Hub International Nancy Greene Festival (March 23 at Sun Peaks Resort)
• Kamloops Symphony – Northern Lights (March 24 at the Thompson Rivers University Alumni Theatre)
• The North Face Dirty Feet Trail Run #1 (March 25 in the Lac Du Bois Grasslands)
• Children of God – A Western Canada Theatre Production (March 29, 30 & 31 at the Sagebrush Theatre)
*Subject to availability and cannot be combined with any other offer or group rate. Discount will be applied at check-in.