The warm and sunny weather has arrived and that brings along two things in Kamloops:
1. Fresh, locally-grown fruits and produce
2. The beginning of patio season
You can enjoy both during your stay at Hotel 540.
Our rooftop garden is a one of a kind in the city and features an abundance of organically grown (no herbicides or pesticides used) herbs and vegetables within raised wooden garden beds. Items are picked at their peak and used to infuse flavour or act as aromatic garnishes to cocktails and seasonally-inspired dishes both within our in-house restaurant, blue Dining + Lounge and within our poolside patio menu offerings. Enjoy fresh basil in pesto, ripe, sweet bell peppers within salad garnishes, grape tomatoes and cucumbers within the Buddha bowl, fragrant mint within bar cocktails and much more.
Take a cruise
Explore more ground while seated on one of our complimentary cruiser pedal bikes during your visit. Explore our downtown core, parks and beaches and kilometers of riverfront along the paved Rivers Trail. Speak with our bell staff to borrow one during your stay.
· Nancy Van Wagoner & Larry Pilcher Art Exhibitions, variable dates at the Kamloops Old Courthouse
· Horticultural Garden Tour, every Wednesday evening at the TRU Horticultural Gardens
· Sun Peaks Market, every Sunday until September 2 at Sun Peaks Resort
· Farmers’ Market, every Wednesday on the 400 block of Victoria Street, Kamloops
· Farmers’ Market, every Saturday on the 200 block of St. Paul Street, Kamloops
· Circles & Wigs: Best Friends Forever, daily until June 23 at the Kamloops Art Gallery
· The Poetics of Space, daily until June 30 at the Kamloops Art Gallery
· Canadian National Enduro Series Mountain Biking, June 3 at Harper Mountain
· Skate Sun Peaks, June 9 & 10 at Sun Peaks Resort
· The North Face Dirty Feet Bike 6hr Mtn Bike Relay & Beer, June 10 in Kenna Cartwright Park
· The 5K Foam Fest, June 16 at Sun Peaks Resort
· Learn to Fish, June 21 at Edith Lake
· Learn to Fish, June 23 at Monck Lake Provincial Park
· Learn to Fish, June 28 at Edith Lake
· Canada Day Celebrations & Big Sugar Concert (free to attend), June 30 at Sun Peaks Resort
· Mountain of Beer & Chilli Cook-off, June 30 at Sun Peaks Resort