Winter-lovers look no further! Kamloops and area has everything you require to have a fun-filled or relaxing winter escape! Our dry climate creates champagne powder snow to play in during all of your outdoor adventures, and our city has countless easily accessible recreation areas in which to snowshoe, toboggan, snowmobile, snowbike, ice skate, cross-country or downhill ski, snowboard and more!
Whether you choose to bring you own equipment with you or decide to rent to demo something new, Kamloops’ retailers are here to serve you. Hotel 540 offers guests secure and heated gear storage free of charge while staying at the hotel allowing you to bring your favourite items without having to worry about tripping over them in your hotel room. Our local retailers offer a plethora of equipment rentals, demos and sales.
Kamloops also has a number of fabulous indoor activities to take part in during the month of February. You will want to add an extra day to your escape to be sure to include a little extra time to indulge. From romantic concerts performed by our local symphony or dramatic performances put on by our local theatre organization to thought-provoking art displays within our local gallery or heart-warming local fundraisers, there is something for everyone here to enjoy during a winter escape to Kamloops.
Soak your weary muscles after a day of fun in our rooftop hot tub while you watch snowflakes gently fall amidst the soft glow of the city lights below. Meet some friends for drinks and dinner at Blue Dining + Lounge (Hotel 540’s signature in-hotel eatery). Relax in the modern, yet social atmosphere and enjoy fresh, local and seasonal inspired creations.
February is the international month for romance and blue Dining + Lounge has created a four-course dining menu to help sweep your loved one off of their feet. The menu includes your choice of soup or salad, followed by a romantically-inspired share plate, delicious main and spark-igniting choice of dessert (Death by Chocolate or Vanilla Bean Crème Brule). Be sure to contact blue today to reserve your table at 778.471.8035.
• The Birds and the Bees – Western Canada Theatre Production (February 1, 2, 3 at the Sagebrush Theatre)
• Kamloops Screening Presented by Bicycle Café & Tourism Kamloops (February 2 at the Paramount Theatre – across the street from Hotel540)
• Chimera Theatre Craft Fair Fundraiser (February 3 at Pacific Inland Suites Kamloops)
• Greater Kamloops Motorcycle Association Ice Racing (February 4 & 11 at Stake Lake)
• Dirty Feet Snowshoe Race (February 4 at Stake Lake)
• The Garden Rail Jam (February 4 at Sun Peaks Resort’s Terrain Park)
• Old Dominion World Tour (February 9 at the Sandman Centre)
• Kamloops Symphony – Great Classics (February 10 at the Sagebrush Theatre)
• BC Family Day at Sun Peaks Resort (February 12 at Sun Peaks Resort)
• 2018 BC Winter Games (February 22, 23, 24, 25 throughout Kamloops)
• Glory – Western Canada Theatre Production (Daily throughout February at the Sagebrush Theatre)
• Coldest Night of the Year (February 24 at Riverside Park)
• Crabfest 2018 – Rotary Fundraiser (February 24 at the Coast Kamloops Hotel & Convention Centre)
• Crafter Cabin Fever Clearout Sale (February 24 at the Brock Activity Centre)
• Kamloops Symphony – From My Life (February 24 at the Sagebrush Theatre)
• Frankenstein (Daily throughout February at the Pavillion Theatre)