A Winter Paradise for those visiting from near and far!
If you haven’t been to Kamloops in December, make this your year! The city is alive and there is a magical and inviting feeling in the air. It could be the softly falling snowflakes, it could be the warm glow from our boutique shops and eatery windows, or it could be the numerous seasonal festivities and activities taking place. You will just have to come and experience it for yourself to determine your own answer.
Kamloops is an outdoor enthusiasts’ paradise during winter. Snowshoe, fat bike, snowmobile or cross-country ski countless local trails that surround the city. Get first tracks on either of our local ski hills, Sun Peaks Resort or Harper Mountain, and understand why true, dry interior powder gets all the attention it does.
Looking to share in the Christmas spirit? Kamloops offers those of all ages and abilities access to enjoy festive lighting displays, performances, breakfasts and activities with the big guy… and everything in between. Spend time with your friends and family creating life-long memories of your winter escape to Kamloops.
Winter at Hotel 540
You’ve switched over your vehicle’s summer road-trip musts; pool noodles, sunscreen, and flip flops to more seasonal items such as a snow scraper, warm blanket and extra snacks. December can be a busy time for winter travel and we understand the need to bring almost everything but the kitchen sink with you. Rest assured that we have everything you require to make your stay easy…and possibly even more comfortable than your own home.
Our Hotel 540 valet services will warmly greet you as you arrive to assist unloading your luggage, gifts and winter activity equipment. We can even assist in parking your vehicle for you, or storing your sporting gear in our heated and secure locker room. Just ask!
Relax as you enter our festively decorated lobby, as our inviting guest services team checks you in.
Find peace in our tranquilly appointed guest rooms complete with modern amenities such as complimentary wireless internet, mini fridge, complimentary coffee and tea, blackout drapes, down or non-allergenic pillows and more!
Though it may be winter…our rooftop outdoor heated pool and hot tub are open! Bring your bathing suits and experience some winter magic in Kamloops as you take a dip in the pool beneath softly falling snowflakes, or cozy up in our covered hot tub while viewing the festive city lights below.
Did you know…. that Hotel 540 is a dog-friendly hotel? We understand that dogs are a member of the family, and we strive to make their visit as pleasant as yours!
Whatever your winter adventures hold, be sure to make your home-base while in Kamloops at Hotel 540.
· A Christmas Carol – Stage Performance (December 1 to December 12 at the Sagebrush Theatre)
· Kamloops Blazers Games (December 1, 3, 29 at The Sandman Centre Arena)
· Toys for Kids Christmas Toy Drive (December 6 at Hotel 540)
· Christmas with the Kamloops Symphony Orchestra (December 16 at the Sagebrush Theatre)
· Christmas At the Courthouse (December 2 at the Kamloops Old Courthouse)
· Sun Peaks Holiday Artisan Market (December 16 at Sun Peaks Resort)
· CP Holiday Train Arrival and Performance Featuring Alan Doyle and The Beautiful Band (December 15 from 4:45pm to 5:45pm on the North Side of Interior Savings Arena off of Lorne Street)
· On-Mountain Activities with Santa – Ski, Skate, Breakfast (December 22 to 24 at Sun Peaks Resort)
· 20th Annual Wildlights (December 15 to January, not open December 25, at the BC Wildlife Park)
· The Little Mermaid, A Panto Under The Sea – Stage Performance (December 24 to Dec. 31 at the Sagebrush Theatre)
· New Years Eve Festivities (December 31 at Sun Peaks Resort)
*Please note that some of the activities above require pre-purchased admission. Please contact our front desk for further information on how to obtain tickets.