Whether you are drawn to Kamloops for a romantic escape, a girls or guys getaway or family adventure…Kamloops and Hotel 540 have something to please everyone’s discerning tastes.
In need of a little retreat? Think no further than sweeping him/her off their feet with a little help from Hotel 540. Pick up a boxed lunch from blu Dining + Lounge full of fresh, local delights and head to the beach or park to enjoy. Retreat to the rooftop pool for an afternoon dip and cool refreshing drink prior to getting ready to hit the town for an evening of fun….or simply order in room service, rest, relax and enjoy each other’s company in the solitude of your air conditioned suite. Our newly installed sound-eliminating guest room doors mean that you can sleep the morning away in peace, not hearing the hustle and bustle down the hallways of other weary travellers going about their day.
Create some fun-filled memories this summer! Kamloops is home to 26 open space parks within its city limits catering to fabulous hiking opportunities, sandy beaches, playgrounds, mountain bike or bmx bike parks, splash parks and more. Kamloops is home to the BC Wildlife Park where you can come nose to nose (through a secured fence) with resident wildlife (grizzly bears, elk, birds of prey just to note a few) and the Kamloops Heritage Train. Ride the rails on the country’s only still in operation steam-train while learning about local history (including a reenactment of a train robbery)…or join a themed tour and place yourself within the wizarding world for an afternoon. There are tons of things to do and hands-on activities perfect for little ones to explore at both the Big Little Science Centre and Kamloops Museum and Archives.
Everyone needs a little time with the girls or guys and making Hotel 540 your home base while in Kamloops should be at the top of your list. With our convenient and complimentary sporting equipment storage lockers, access to complimentary cruiser bikes, Kamloops’ only Hotel rooftop pool complete with bar service and Hotel 540’s location to a number of local brew houses and wineries…it makes the question “where should we stay in Kamloops?” an easy decision. Catch-up over cocktails in blu Dining + Lounge, or maybe even within our in-house 24 hour fitness facility, head out to do some local shopping along Victoria Street or hit the sandy beach at Riverside Park to catch some rays.
- Farmer’s Markets (Wednesday’s 8:00am to 2:00pm on the 400 block of Victoria Street & Saturday’s 8:30am to 12:30pm on the 200 block of St. Paul Street)
- Garden Tours (Wednesday’s 6:30pm to 7:30pm at Thompson Rivers University)
- Music in the Park (July 1 to August 31 from 7:00pm to 8:30am nightly at Riverside Park, July 5 to August 30 from 7:00pm to 8:30pm at McDonald Park)
- Summer Artisan Market (Sunday’s 9:00am to 2:00pm within McDonald Park)
- Knights of the Sun Medieval Tournament Theatre (Friday’s & Saturday’s at 6:00pm, Saturday’s & Sunday’s at 11:00am) at Sun Peaks Resort Kamloopa Powwow (August 4 – 6) at the Tk’emlups te Secwepemc Powwow Grounds
- Kamloops Ribfest (August 11 – 13) in Riverside Park
- Hot Nite In The City (August 11 – 13) between 100 and 600 block on Victoria Street
- BCSSA 2017 Provincial Championships (August 14 – 20) at the Tournament Capital Aquatic Centre
- Western Canada Baseball Championships (August 17 – 20) at McArthur Island Park
- Kamloops Pride Parade (August 20) in Riverside Park and Downtown Kamloops